Five skincare tips for people with rosacea
Looking after your skin properly is key for people affected by rosacea. Here are five simple changes you can make to your everyday routine for better looking, and better feeling skin.
1. Avoid washing your face with hot water. Stick to lukewarm when wetting your skin.
2. Try to use a face cleanser that is soap-free and has a neutral pH or is non-alkaline.
3. Look out for products that are described as fragrance-free, mild or hypoallergenic. These are generally formulated to be gentle on your skin.
4. Keep away from products with ingredients that might irritate your skin. Common irritants include tea tree oil, witch hazel, sodium lauryl sulphate, lanolin and alcohol.
5. Be gentle with your skin! Don’t rub or scrub your face when cleaning or drying. Rather dab it gently with a soft towel.
Finally, chat to your GP or read more to see if you can find a helpful rosacea treatment that works for you.