The six best ways to manage your rosacea
Managing rosacea is an everyday task. If you have just been diagnosed with the condition, fear not. Here are the six best ways to manage your rosacea daily.
1. Discover your triggers. Every person with rosacea has different triggers when it comes to flare-ups. There are a number of common triggers among people, and discovering yours is an important step in managing your condition. By knowing what to avoid, you will have the power to prevent future symptoms. Keeping a diary can be a great help in pinpointing what sets yours off.
2. Sticking to your treatment. Once you find a treatment that works for you, be sure to keep up with your treatment. By taking regular action against rosacea, you can keep your condition under control.
3. Be safe in the sun. The sun is the most common trigger reported for rosacea. This is why it’s important to protect your skin with sunscreen every day. Try to find a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 with both UV-A and UV-B light protection.
4. Lower your stress levels. A common trigger of the skin condition is stress. If you feel yourself becoming tense, try some breathing techniques to calm yourself down. Adopting a healthy lifestyle is also helpful when it comes to lowering your stress levels. A good diet, plenty of sleep and regular exercise are the name of the game.
5. Be gentle on your skin. Harsh face washes that contain alcohol or other irritants will only aggravate your rosacea. Protect your skin and prevent flare-ups by using products specially formulated for sensitive skin.
6. Stay warm. Very hot or very cold temperatures are known to cause rosacea. Take showers that are lukewarm rather than scalding hot and avoid using steam baths and dry saunas.